Human Resource Specialist (Recruitment & Generalist)
The Human Resource Specialist will be responsible for building our HR function from the ground up. This individual is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of recruitment strategies and key general HR policies. He/She manages and oversees the full life cycle of recruitment processes including development of job descriptions, writing position advertisements, sourcing and screening applicants, and processing background checks and offers. In addition, this person will be responsible for onboarding new employees and also advises departments on HR policies and procedures and federal and state regulations regarding recruitment and hiring. Position reports to V.P. of Finance and Operations.
Recruitment and Staffing
- Manages the recruitment and hiring process for company roles: writing job descriptions and position advertisements, developing sourcing strategies, conducting background checks, ensuring regulatory compliance, and providing guidance on selecting candidates and making offers.
- Works with hiring managers to develop strategic recruitment plans. Provides a high level of customer service in consulting with and guiding hiring managers to address comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues, policies, and processes
- Utilizes broad market knowledge to network creatively in order to build, manage and maintain a pipeline of qualified and diverse talent.
- Reviews applicants proposed for telephone interviews comparing credentials with established criteria and assessing the applicant pool in terms of goals.
- Remains current on HR and recruiting trends. Recommends solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the recruiting life cycle.
- Coordinates and facilitates employee onboarding initiatives including management of required documentation, coordinating with other teams on system needs and executing orientation elements.
- Maintains key recruitment metrics to determine efficacy of recruiting strategy and job description fit
- Analyzes turnover and retention rates to assist with forecasting hiring needs
- Participate in job fairs to recruit key loyal talent
- Helps manage benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, vacation, paid leave, leaves of absence and employee assistance.
- Advises management regarding appropriate resolution of employee relation issues.
- Supports management in organizational development and improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for Company compliance with all existing legal and government reporting requirements including but not limited to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, workers compensation, and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
Evident is revolutionizing the way personal data is shared. Evident provides a simple, secure platform that lets businesses confidently know who they are dealing with without handling sensitive personal data. From identity verifications to background checks and everything in between, businesses of all sizes can get the answers they need with less risk and friction. Evident has created a simple API integration that reduces liability associated with collecting personal data for businesses, while empowering individuals to manage when and where their data is shared. Companies like Airbnb, Wag, and Roomi use Evident to verify the credentials of thousands of people each day and ensure that they are providing a safe and rewarding experience for their customers.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources or a related field, from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- 3-5 years of prior recruitment experience
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and proven record of personal integrity
- Above average verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Master's Degree in Human Resources or a related field from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience hiring and training for a call center or customer service environment, engineering, sales, product management, marketing and operations roles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict with diplomacy and tact
- Knowledge of on-line, electronic job application systems and processes
- Our team solves a crucial problem with huge business potential.
- We offer a friendly work environment and great culture with highly capable people.
- Dress casually and join us for company lunches and other events!
- Competitive pay package, including base pay and stock options
- Excellent benefits package, including health care, dental, and 401K