Senior Accounting Manager
Evident is revolutionizing the way personal data is shared. Evident provides a simple, secure platform that lets businesses confidently know who they are dealing with without handling sensitive personal data. From identity verification to background checks and everything in between, businesses of all sizes can get the answers they need with less risk and friction.
Evident has created a simple API integration that reduces liability associated with collecting personal data for businesses, while empowering individuals to manage when and where their data is shared. Companies of all sizes and across industries use Evident to verify the credentials of thousands of people each day, ensuring that they are providing a safe and rewarding experience for their customers.
Evident was recently recognized as one of Atlanta’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We have experienced 300% year-over-year customer growth with more on the way. We work with many of the top brands in tech, insurance, and the gig economy, including customers like Airbnb, Marsh, and Wag!
We are looking for a Sr. Accounting Manager, reporting to the CFO, with strong accounting and organization skills to join Evident’s rapidly growing team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in accounting, ideally with or in pursuit of a CPA. The primary responsibility of this position will be to manage the day-to-day and monthly accounting responsibilities, including AP and AR, monthly closing and revenue recognition policy management. The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to interface with teams across the business and support a wide range of finance needs.
- Performing day to day bookkeeping in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Produce sales invoices and maintain accounts receivable
- Work in, manage and optimize NetSuite as the Company scales
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including P&L, balance sheets, cash flow statements and statements of financial position
- Leading the monthly closing process
- Preparing documents for the annual financial audit
- Assisting with budgeting
- Control outbound money streams, bill payments and accounts payable
- Assisting in payroll activities
- Financial analysis to support business decisions
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of experience in bookkeeping and preparing financial statements
- CPA certification or in progress
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels throughout the company
- Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and intensive deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work under pressure
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others
- Our team solves a crucial problem with huge business potential together, and we are able to see exactly how our contribution affects customers!
- Competitive pay package, including base pay and stock options
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual personal development and technology budget to advance your skills and career
- Casual dress all day, every day
- Catered lunch 3 times a week, unlimited snacks & drinks, happy hours and cookouts!
- Recently named one of Atlanta's Coolest Companies & 50 on Fire by Atlanta Inno, and one of the Top 10 Fastest Growing Companies in Atlanta by Atlanta Business Chronicle